Sunday morning fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday morning fishing

Went out at day break and decided to launch at Fat Boys and fish around the causeway cuz my buddy had to be in early. Stayed around the causeway till around 9am with only 1 trout so we decided to make a run to Campbells Bayou and man that was a good idea!

On the way saw a big group of slicks on the water and birds working everywhere. We set up a drift and instantly started catch trout on shrimp under popping corks. Caught 3 to 4 trout before the birds left only to regroup somewhere else and we hauled butt there to do the same thing. We repeated this till 11am throwing shrimp and morning glory assasians at them. Normally right when they hit the water BOOM you were hooked up. It surprised us that out of 15 or so trout maybe only 2 were dinks. The rest were all 17-20 inch trout.

Didn't take any home since I had those trout from Friday night but man it was fun. Oh yea and rough as hell, solid 2-3 ft waves and getting worse as the morning went on. We left them biting around 11 and passed 2 big groups of birds working on the way in

good to hear!! Nice catch for sure!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice job!

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice report. Glad birds are working.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Great report...Good to hear that about Campbells

Comment

Glad y'all got into them and thanks for the report!
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
              X