• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Bay is "Tops" - May 2

Water Temp: 77
    Wind: SSE 20+
    Water Clarity: Sandy-Green

First of all, let me give a huge shout out to Capt Greg Francis for showing me this spot a couple of years ago... it's still paying dividends.

Now to the fishing story... Waded East Bay with my big bro and co-worker. Threw topwaters from sun-up til noon and ended the day with 18 fat trout from 19" to 25". Most were over 22" and I released the big girl to fight another day.

Here are some pics from Saturday's trip and another from the trip before.
    Attached Files

He!! yea! Thats what I'm talking about right there..... Glad to see that areas still producing some good fish for ya'll. Nothing like a good topwater bite. Congrats on the trip and thanks for the report. As soon as East Matty settles we need to get over there.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Awesome! Topwaters rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
        Awesome! Topwaters rule.
        Definately my favorite way to catch fish.

Nice job cee

Comment

Nice mess of fish!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice pics and report. Congrats on the fish

Comment

Man those are some solid trout. That must of been a blast catching those on tops. So is east bay pretty clear? I want to fish there sometime but I kinda like my lower unit lol

Comment

good work and nice report.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Really nice work, thanks for the report.
                  "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

that's some nice trout!!! what kinda tops did you use? Spooks, mirolure, skitterwalks etc... ?

Comment

They've done a real good job of cleaning up the debris. We mapped out a path earlier this year and most of the trouble spots are clear now. There is still some stuff in the shallow parts. I broke off a solid trout that got my shock leader wrapped up on something sticking to the bay floor.

As for the topwaters that I used, I'm partial to superspook jrs and my favorite colors are black, bone, and chrome. On Saturday, the color didn't seem to matter too much because we caught fish on all three.

What mattered was the retrieve. With the wind creating all the chop on the water, the more commotion you made... the more aggressive the strike!

Comment

Working...
                      X