Jones 5/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones 5/4

Well I got up this morning and decided to take Milkjug's advice to go fishing and not go to work. I headed out late and wasn't at Fatboy's until 9am. The wind was still kicking pretty good from the NE when I got there and it didn't look good, but I was hardhead and put the yak in the water. The water was pretty good for Jones, and I’d caught a lot of fish out of there with water in worse shape. Decided to head over by the railroad tracks to start with and there was a lot of bait in the area but nothing more. It was almost low tide and not much water moving, but I let a bone SS jr. fly. The first two casts nothing, but then on the third there was a good swirl under my bait. I waited a moment then gave it a twitch and the water exploded, but my spook went flying 3 feet in the air. When it hit the water I just let it sit for while before twitching it again. What ever blowup on it didn't return and that was the only blowup I'd have.

So after an hour of nothing I started paddling. I pointed my yak towards the first exposed sand bar (the one closest to Tiki) and when I got close a group of birds started working hard not 100 yards away. I moved the yak in position for a drift and the first cast bingo. Something pounded my gulp jerk shad when it hit the water. At first I thought it was a good fish, but the little guy was just thought he was a big one. Soon a feisty trout was in the yak, but he was a good inch short. I should have turned him go and get make in the water, but I stopped for a picture. This is when the A-hole factor kicked in. I heard a boat behind me when I was catching the fish, well they must have seen me and the birds and here they come. Three guys in and older tri-haul, and what did the do but cut off my drift, but to make it worse, they ran right up in the middle of the birds. My next cast bounced my 1/16 head off the side of their boat, which one of them said “Hey A-hole watch what you are doing”. I replied in my best 007, “You three have to be the dumbest and ugliest three guys I’ve ever seen. You ran right into the middle of those birds trying to cut me off from the fish and all you did was chase them off so no one will catch any. Y’all go ahead and fish there I’ll go somewhere else, away from you three”! Well I guess I shouldn’t have said anything cause shortly after I pulled my drift sock and started paddling, they cranked their motor and preceded to run three circles around me, yelling “Maybe you should get a real boat, then you will be a real man!” This time I didn’t say anything or even give them the finger. I figured they had me out manned and out gunned, and I’d just let it lay. They finally headed off, and I was once more at peace.

I moved to the Tiki side of the sand bar and set up a drift. Two casts into it bang, I set the hook and a pretty far trout came all the way out of the water, but shortly afterwards he was off. Three more drifts through the same area and a lot of casts yielded nothing. The wind had died down and shifted more out of the east, so I moved to the other side of the bar for another try. The first drift produced a flounder that was a hair short, but nothing on the next two drifts. Decide that I’d had enough for the day and started paddling back to the launch. When I got about 500yds or so from Fatboys I needed a break and set my anchor. I had a smoke and drank a coke and then decided to make a couple of casts. I‘d caught fish here before from time to time so I figured a few casts would hurt. That turned out to be my best decision of the day as to bounces into the first cast my gulp was slammed. I set the hook and line started peeling off my reel. After three good runs and some hardhead pulls near the yak I netted a very nice red. I didn’t really know how tired my arms were until I had to fight him. Once I had him set free, I decided not to even make another cast, so I guess you could say I left them biting……

Here are the pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bountyhunter; May 4, 2009, 05:10 PM.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Nice day besides the a holes in the boat. One thing I can not stand is fishermen that do not have respect for others or the sport!

Hopefully they got shunked and you know the saying... what comes around goes around!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Hey thanks for the report. Sucks about those idiots on the water. Being within casting distance of someone is just ridiculous. Maybe next time you'll have some fwe backup and we can throw down!! Nice fish by the way..

Comment

Get azzhole pics and post up derek. Those guys are in my backyard.
        "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
        boom

Comment

Nice red man, and good job keeping your cool. There will be inconsiderate dumb #@#% everywhere. Don't let them ruin your day on the water.

Comment

thanks for the report!!! sorry about the idiots! Milkjug is right about them being everywhere....unfortunately we have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
              Get azzhole pics and post up derek. Those guys are in my backyard.
              Thats a great idea! If I'd a thought I should have just took their picture, but my little camera isn't the best. They will get their's one of these days.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Get their Boat Registration number and call GW and report the idiots. That is just wrong and they broke the law by harrassing you while in a boat. Heck even say they had undersize fish. Sorry for that to ever happen but it does a lot. Nice report.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice job catchin a few though.

Comment

Thanks for the report and sorry about the A-holes but what can you do, just keep fishing. and move on with your day

Comment

Thanks for the report

It would of been hard for me not to try and get in the boat with those guys....
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Bummer on the aholes.Congrats on the catch
                        NK
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Dang, thats some messed up sheet!

Comment

nice report, you stayed alot calmer then i would have...
                            Boats and hoes.

Comment

Lots of idiots out there....Thanks for the report!
                              sigpic
                              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                              X