Nothing Impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Impressive

I went out last evening for a short trip to take advantage of the break in the wind despite impending deadlines at work . Managed to stick my first 2 flounder of the year

Got the bigger one in the first 3 minutes and thought I was gonna tear 'em up. Saw one that was probably right at the limit, and spooked another one. Also saw a lot of hefty stingrays. I was shuffling and my foot went into a pothole and I stepped on something that squirmed and took off... guess I got lucky there

The first of many!

Not bad Milkjug. Those squirmies under the feet sure make me jump-heck I'll swim for a minute after that happens. Nice report-where'd ya go?
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Been waiting to start my after work giggin routine

Comment

Nice flatties! Thanks for the report and stay safe.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

We'll have to do the FWE Gig Trip this year last year we had 10 2COOLers come out... it was quite an impressive turnout... I think most are now members over here but it sure was fun
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I was gigging the W. Bay S. shoreline.

Definently should do another FWE gig trip. That's how I got into gigging (even though ya'll gave me a light with a bum battery ), and also how I found the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
              (even though ya'll gave me a light with a bum battery ),
              You prob got one of BeachBum's batteries. He has a ton of them and never gets rid of the old ones. So he never knows which are the good ones! Prob why he always brings 2 or 3.

Comment

Nice fish and believe me, every suspect pot hole deserves good inspection on slow nights...very nice flounders can for some reason do a excellent job of settling into the bottom of a stingrays pothole and go total camo.
                I didn't believe it either until someone told me of this and I started taking a second look at them...on the other hand when they are abundant it is easier to take a quick limit when they are laying all about and in plain sight.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Yep, the right at 14" one I passed up was chillin in a pothole

Comment

I'm in for a FWE Gig Trip, but just because I'm a big ol' scardy cat I'll be in my boat. I can take 3.

We did some last weekend in Christmas and around and the tide was so high it was useless..

Comment

Thanks for the report Jugs.
                      I am in for a gig trip also. I will bring the flatbottom w/generator and my halogens I built last year that have only been used once.
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice job.Congrats
                        NK
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice job. Im finally done with school for the summer so if yall wanna get a trip together I'm down

Comment

Cant wait for this five month long wind to lay,im ready for some gig action.
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

im ready!
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X