Surf Tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Tomorrow?

I know its blowing about 15-20mph, but the SSE winds have got me itching to go check out the surf tomorrow after the Offshore Technology Conferance. Does anyone know what the water looks like, I'm assuming still pretty nasty after all this wind.

Either way, I think I'll be down there for a late afternoon/evening wade. Proabably Sportsmans Road if the surf look bad.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    5th Generation Texan

Unless some crazy miracle happens, the surf will be way too rough to fish tomorrow.

Go to Sportsmans...or drive a little further down the island and hit it up behind the pass. I've heard of some decent reports coming from that area.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
      Unless some crazy miracle happens, the surf will be way too rough to fish tomorrow.

Go to Sportsmans...or drive a little further down the island and hit it up behind the pass. I've heard of some decent reports coming from that area.
      me too lurefisher got on em there
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks guys, I was thinking about behind SLP as well, just havent heard any reports from there.
        5th Generation Texan

Comment

if you go to SLP, let us know how you did....I'm thinking of trying to hit SLP and do some wading (safe areas) on Thursday. Either there, sportsmans or Xmas. I would especially like to know the water conditions (clarity).
          Last edited by spannymacker; May 5, 2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Water clarity should be decent on Christmas Southshore line....

Circle HK who are you with, I'll be on my way to OTC here in about an hour, shoot me a PM if you want.

Comment

Backside of SLP gets my vote too. The surf trout reports are coming in, so they should be all over that area too.

I took the yak out in the gulf yesterday to play around and it was pretty rough, but doable. If it calms down a touch and a color change forms I'm tempted to paddle out there and see what's up.

Comment

Check the surf cams for surf conditions. There's a link on the home page at the bottom of home page.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Stick to the bay, the surf would just beat the hell out of you

Comment

It's look'in as if the N winds will blow starting Sunday. Then a few days from there. Not sure of the positive results of a flat surf/clean surf but I would plan on some nice fishing after sunday on the coast. May take a day off myself.

Comment

Yeah, looks like they removed the light SE wind forecast for this weekend and put in a N. wind starting Sunday onwards. Since they are saying the front is strong and will be here for a while, it should knock the surf down. I will probably try yakking the surf on Tuesday or whenever it dies down. It's warm enough that the trout should be there, but we'll see how strong the front actually is.

Welcome to the site!

Comment

It looks like Saturday morning, the 16th might not be too bad for the surf, here is a link to a forecast..

5th Generation Texan

Comment

HK....

From the look of the weather report that you just posted, the wind will be out of the southeast at 10-12 mph. That is just too rough to fish the surf. The color of the surf might turn for the better with a decreased southeast wind, but with it still blowing at 10-12 mph, it will still be bumpy out there. It really needs to be in the 5 mph(or under) category before the surf will get "right".
                          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I'm thinking Tuesday. N. winds flatten the surf too, but I prefer a light SE wind-flattened surf. I think the fronts turn off the bite, but honestly, I've got no experience with fronts this late in the spring... maybe it's different.

I've had good luck when I caught the few hours after the N wind switched to S, but before the surf built. That's why island life is awesome.... keep an eye on the conditions and get out there in a flash when it looks good.

Comment

Working...
                            X