South Shoreline Speck's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Shoreline Speck's

Lurefiser and I fished yesterday for a couple of hours in the afternoon.We had 5 Speck's 22-25 inches.Lurefisher lost a nice flatty and I lost a couple good trout in the 25-26 inch range when they got up close.All our fish came on green worms fished slow on the bottom.We fished protected shorelines on the south side of West bay.Heading out today at 3:30 for a little more action.I'll have to post pictures later I forgot my camera in the boat.Hopefully this wind will pick up a little... if it does the fishing should be outstanding this weekend at least for me...let it blow,let it blow...

Nice job Sneekypete! Thanks for the report

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thank's A Pimp...
      nice repot from you as well...are you fishing today?

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
      Nice job Sneekypete! Thanks for the report

AQUA PIMP

Comment

No, gonna hit it bright and early in the morning though. Possibly Saturday too if my trip holds up.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I've been going all week after work getting on the water around 3:30-4:00,keying on the same... slicks and mullet.I can't seem to get a consistant topwater bite,even when their slicking up.I have been picking up most all my fish on plastics after they swipe at a topwater...

Comment

Its been the same for us, last week was a little more consistant. I think we would have had more on tops if we would have gotten there a little earlier. Have ya'll had any Jack problems yet LOL. Them d@mn things are all over back there! Yesterday we had two in the 20lb range .

AQUA PIMP
            AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I broke 1 off yesterday afternoon... & that's all I've hooked...but their sure putting the scare in the mullet...those darn things were walking on water yesterday by the acres.

Comment

yea, our 2nd spot yesterday we parked out front by the new big green house on the south shoreline and as far as you could see down the south shoreline mullet and bait was just getting shredded LOL. It was an awesome sight.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Heck yea, I saw the same thing in the afternoon...i was hoping it was jack's...Not the ole man in the gray suit whatever it was... sure was swimming and eating on the run.
                  Thank goodness, I had Hookset make me a custom West Matagorda Special 30 foot stringer and that seemed a little close at times...sure makes your hair stand up when the bait fish split you on both sides and their barely touching the water...

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                  yea, our 2nd spot yesterday we parked out front by the new big green house on the south shoreline and as far as you could see down the south shoreline mullet and bait was just getting shredded LOL. It was an awesome sight.

AQUA PIMP

Comment

Thanks for the report, those sound like quality fish. I got my grant outline turned in so my fishing time just increased greatly

Comment

Boy boy boy,yall aint kiding about that bait getting shreded,They came right at us like sneeky said,he looks over says what you doin.While im holding my stringer over my shoulder and fish out of the water.I told what ever it is its not getting these trout.What a filling you get...
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Yipper, my little buddy on 1 shoulder and his 2 little ball friends on the other...I ain't kidding its a little nerve racking...

Comment

Thanks for the report, I will be out Sunday for awhile to chase the birds again.

Comment

I hit the south shoreline this morning by Terramar and bait was all over the place. Started with spook jr., but no takers. The wind was blowing pretty good this morning, so I made the change to plastics. Lost a fat trout right when I was going to grab it. Caught to flatties (18" and 19"). Going out again this afternoon around 4:00, will let you know what happens.

BTW, the water is green in the bay right now.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Me and sneeky will be out explorer maybe we can getem!
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X