5/7 Quick Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/7 Quick Trip

GSB & I went out with a plan to find some redfish in the back lakes early this am. It was a great plan with a minor from 5:30 to 6:30, forcsated mild winds and an incoming to high tide at 8:30ish. Left the ramp before 5:00am and made the run to our first spot. Water was way off color with 3" visibility, found no signs of bait and no fish.....ditto spot 2.....ditto spot 3.
    Spot four had some bait, but even worse water. Decided to make a run to the S Shoreline for a wade. Cove 1 had some bait and beautiful water, so we were hopeful. About 10 minutes into the wade I hooked up and lost a fish, then pulled my top away from the second blow up. 3rd blow up and got this one in. Nice Gafftop....then another.....then another.....then Scott with one. i switched to a corky devil to see if I could find some trout and caught 2 more gafftop. Made one more wade a little further west and Scott had one big blowup that missed and I got nada.
    Had to be back early to work, so called it a day. I guess we learned to go where AP says, but didn't want to make the long drive to the pass.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

I went out for a little bit this morning too. I was thinking about going to the pass but didn't want to get beat up in our little bluewave lol. I had a tough time. Caught 2 trout to 3.5# and a monster skipjack. One a side note the trout I cleaned had a 6" flounder in it's gut, thought that was pretty neat.

Comment

5/7/09 trip report

Made a trip Thursday morning. Didn't expect much with the conditions and also being my first time fishing West bay. Left Fat Boys around 6:40 and ran to greens cut (nada), greens reef (nada),caranacahu cut (1, 16" red). Then we decided to try caranacahu reef. We felt like a tea cup in a big ocean. Caught (1 , 4 lb trout and two gaftops). On our way back into ICW found a wash out between car. cut and new cut and pick up (1 rat red and 1 flounder). All fish caught caught on doa and gulp shrimp. All in all YOU CAUGHT TO GO TO KNOW.

Comment

Thanks for the reports. Hopefully the weather will hold out this weekend so I can do some fishing Sunday

Comment

Nice reports. Hard work and tough conditions. Hopefully this wind will lay down soon!
          Thanks!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

my buddy and i were out there yesterday throwing the fly rods. It was brutally slow. only saw 3 tails and had only 2 bites. 0 fish. we threw a white clouser all day which i couldn't see till it was pulled from the water. should have tied on a spoon-fly in afterthought.

we were in all the north shore lakes, ponds and cuts

i cant find reds to save my life right now! back in february/ earlymarch it was no big deal. i hate wind.

loveless

Comment

Me and sneeky were at yesterday again,and we got skunked.
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
              X