Boating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boating

Looking to buy my first boat! Looking for a 19 to 20' mako/kenner type hull no older than a 2005. Any suggestions or advice.

go with kenner , mako is great but more expensive, but you will have very few complaints with kenner , had mine for nine years , good luck !
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

My .02

I run a 19' Blue Wave and love it. Not getting a 22' boat is my only regret. The 19' bottoms out between open bay swell that most 22' and longer boats just skim across.

No matter what you decide on, it will need a FWE sticker or two.

Comment

If your going to cross a lot of open bays, get a 22' if you can, but for a starter boat a 19' will still get you out there. My first boat was a 16' and hated it real quick when I was out in the middle of the bay when the winds kicked up, 10 minute ride out, 2 hour ride back in.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

My 19ft kenner does just fine in choppy water.The bigger the boat the more room for people,its still choppy.

Comment

I am actually thinking of selling my boat. It is a 19' Nitro which is actually a Kenner Hull. It has a 125 Merc on it and runs like a top. Unlike the guys on here I am actually looking for a little smaller boat. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

It's all about the motor.... Make sure it's checked out prior to buying
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

my kener is an 18 ft, as long as you know how to navigate the waves it stays dry and fairly smooth crossing the bay during the dreaded windy months coming up soon lol
                I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Every day is an adventure in a 16' footer it will get you there but can still be an adventure. Wish I had a 22' footer.
                  "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thanks guys I will look around anyone know where to look for such a boat in south Texas? I have been doing some research and from what I have learned don't underpower the boat. So what would be underpowered for a 19 to 20ft Mako and what should I be looking for when I find such a boat?

Comment

You can try http://www.statewidelist.com/Index.cfm

it's a statewide list for craigslist, works great.
                      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Whats a fwe sticker? Mind you I am a rookie and don't know all the lingo yet. lol

Comment

Please send me pictures of your boat if it is in good condition I will seriously think about it. How much are you selling it for?

Comment

Originally posted by Texfish View Post
                            Every day is an adventure in a 16' footer it will get you there but can still be an adventure. Wish I had a 22' footer.
                            Lmao. you're so right at times. I try to stay shallow with mine, but if I want to fish the open bay in the chop I just drop in another drift sock and rock my roll.

Comment

Originally posted by alburns View Post
                              Whats a fwe sticker? Mind you I am a rookie and don't know all the lingo yet. lol
                              A must have on the water https://www.fishwestend.com/our-stor...nglers-sticker

Comment

Working...
                              X