East Bay 5/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Bay 5/9

I knew what to expect today and it happened exactly as I thought. Worked slicks for hours with only a few fish. In fact I had 1 and my partner had 7 by 10 am. But then at 11 around the time of the major it turned on. From 11 to 1 we caught a lot of fish today(aprox 30 to hand). We both had about 15 a piece to our hand and released not counting the 10-12 that we hooked and lost while reeling. Caught at least 3 5 pounders today and several 4 pounders. My partner caughta 4 pound flatty taht I am frying up soon!!! The big fish were caught in closer to the shoreline and the males were caught a few hundred yards off the shoreline. Fish were in the same spot I caught them a few days ago. We just stayed in the same spot and never moved which is what you really have to do when you are on the slicks because eventually they will bite. They wanted dark plastics crawled slowly on the bottom. Great day for sure. There were guys just 100 yards away from us throwing croakers and we saw them catch 1 fish. It is just not time to be soaking croaks yet. There were a lot of boats on teh shorelines today and everybody was moving around which is why I am guessing they didnt do well. The next few days are going to be on fire and I am wide open for bookings if anyone wants to go.
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

great report!

Comment

Great report! Thanks for posting

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt. Mullet

Comment

Thanks Mullet!
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Great day of catching.Congrats
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report, things are starting to sound promising for sure.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Sounds good, thanks for the report and congrats on the good catching

Comment

Working...
                X