Birds at Campbells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds at Campbells

Launched at day break from the causeway and headed towards Campbells Bayou. On the way there, just like last Sunday ran across some slicks and then we saw the birds. We chased birds from 7-11 this morning putting over 20 trout in the boat, keeping only 10 for supper, missed a lot of fish due to short striking the lures and also had a lot of sandies. It was a blast and man was it windy and rough in the open bay. Lures were any dark plastic, no matter the color on 1/8 ounce jig heads.

Nice report, That sounds like a blast.
    Thanks,
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Very nice.Congrats
      NK
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Its that time of year for that area. Nice job. I just love it when the birds tattle tale on the trout.

Comment

Nice report-way to get them-love when birds work and not all dinks. Cool!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report. Mine were also on 1/8 ounce jig heads. Seams to be the right weight at the moment.

Joe

Comment

Thanks for the report. Thats good info to know
              XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Fishing under the birds is always a blast! Catch them in that frenzy and they will hit dang near anything! Good work, thanks for the report.
                "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
                X