Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/10 South Shoreline report - flatties

Water was clear
    Light winds (because we were close to lots of houses)
    water temp was unknown but felt like 75 or so.
    throwing plastics (various color combinations)

The wife and her father hit the water around 6:30 (father is really slow, I could have slept in if I would have know he would take 45 minutes to get his gear on).

We saw lots of bait jumping around with a few birds in the area. Had several nice hits and lost a few.

Walked our way close to some geotubes and it was on! I am not a huge flounder person, because they destroy plastics, but we ended up with 5 nice keepers, two of them in the 5lb range. The wife caught a 19" red that was released and lost a HUGE flatty that broke the line.

The picture is of all the flounder we caught after the father in law cleaned them up. All together there had to be 20 lbs of flounder. Gave some to the in laws and the rest our in the freeze for our next trip to Da Camp or when we have some people over at the Bay house.

The wife caught her first flatty on Friday, which I will post shortly.
    Attached Files
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Good job! I've had no problems catching flounder here lately either.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice Explorer21. Good report.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks and by the way, the wife can make a mean stuffed flounder. We will have to get together at Coach's place some time and we can bring a few by.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice flatties! I dont usually target flounders either but when they are biting I will try to catch them. Looks like some good eating ahead of you

Comment

Good report and nice fish! I target them about 3 times a year to keep a few on hand. Loooove a flounder roll or even simply stuffed.

Joe

Comment

congrats!! Great report!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Can't complain about that.

Thanks for the report.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on the flatties and thanks for the report!
                  Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Nice catchin' Mike. That is some good table fare!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Way to go! I'm glad you all had a good day.

Comment

Working...
                      X