Galveston Trophy Trout Series Feb 4th event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Trophy Trout Series Feb 4th event

Reminder the final event of the 2011-2012 season is next weekend. Registrartion will still be held on Thursday night at Lances Turtle Club and we will be taking late registration up until 9pm on Friday night. The Championship event will have 5 spots open to the top qualifiers as of now its a tight race so this event could make of break some teams... We would like to thank all our sponsors and all anglers for making this a great season and the folks over at the Galveston Childrens center really appreciate all toys that were donated this past Decembers event...

Thanks
    Capt Brent Juarez
    GTTS
    www.Galvestontrophytroutseries.com

Any reports? I was sick and in bed all day, was not able to make it down there like I planned.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Tough day for Team Saltwater Assault.... Before the front hit Dpop had a Trout just over 6 lbs and 1 just over 5 lbs. When the front pushed through we had to take cover in some near by grass and lay down for almost an hour while we watched green flashes of lightning cracking all around us in the pouring down rain. After the front passed through the fishing got tough. We both had a few good bites but no hook-ups. Ended the tourney with just under 12 lbs with 2 fish weighed in.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

LOL sorry for laughing Captain, sounds like you & Dpop were on your way to a good day. I was laughing because I've leaned against a shell bank or in the grass a time or two with lightning strikes all around. Once in East Matagorda we had three water spouts coming right at us.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

We didn't have weather as bad as Greg and DPOP. It was down-pouring on us around nine for a hour, but very little lighting. After the front passed, the wind layed down, it rained on and off for the rest the day and the mosquitoes came out in full force. We grinded out 10 trout, and weigh in three at 12.8 lbs. Aaron Stillwagon had the biggest one that was around 6 lbs. We couldn't get a topwater bite going, all our fish came on soft plastic rat-tails. Congratulations to Joe Townsend who won with a 16.8 lb. stringer..... I've been huddled up in the grass too with lighting cracking all around and there is no where to go. Gets pretty scary at times.

Comment

Way to go Steve. 12.8 on a day like yesterday was pretty dang good and 16.8 was phenomenal.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
            X