468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yahama Oil for VMAX 2 stroke - what do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahama Oil for VMAX 2 stroke - what do you recommend?

To anyone who owns a Yahama VMAX 2 stroke, do you recommend using the Yamalube that cost $ 40 per gallon or some other brand? My neighbor is telling me to use only the Yamalube, but does anyone else have an option?

On a side note, I was also told to use ring guard everytime I fill up. Any options on that as well?
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Hey man I have Gallons of that stuff down in Galveston, were running 4 strokes right now... Also send me a PM about the Yamalube
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

If it was mine I would run the Mercury Quicksilver. I ain't paying $40 bucks a gallon. I have had two mechanics tell me that the quick silver is just fine for the Yamahas too. Quicksilver is on sale at Academy for $18 right now but averages about $20 to $25. I'm just saying if it was mine thats what I would do. I would recommend talking to a few mechanics first, so AQUA PIMP gets no blame

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
        If it was mine I would run the Mercury Quicksilver. I ain't paying $40 bucks a gallon. I have had two mechanics tell me that the quick silver is just fine for the Yamahas too. Quicksilver is on sale at Academy for $18 right now but averages about $20 to $25. I'm just saying if it was mine thats what I would do. I would recommend talking to a few mechanics first, so AQUA PIMP gets no blame

AQUA PIMP
        I'm sure as hell not paying $30.00+ dollars for a gallon of Yamalube. I've been running West Marine 2-stroke oil. I buy a lot when it goes on sale. I also use a littleTechron with each gallon.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

When I had my 2 stroke c85, I used quicksilver and west marine oil for ten years.

Regarding ring free I didn't it use it on c85. For the new engine I did some reading around and I will use it when I run out of ring free.

Comment

007 told me about Sea Foam and the bottle says it cleans the lifters and rings, so would that be the same as ring free from Yahama?

What is sounds like is Yahama is very proud of their products and some well known products, like Quicksilver are just as good, but at half the price.

I am going to take AP's advice and ask a mechanic or two.

Thanks for the help!
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I picked up 2 gallons of Yamalube for $28 each at FTU the other day if Im not mistaken. Thats what I run in my HPDI. It gives me peace of mind at least.

Comment

The yammi lube is the branded 2-stroke TCW-3 outboard oil.

Yes the Yammaha lube was designed specifically for their motors, so you had no questions as what to use. But there are other option that would be fine as well.

-Johnson/ Evinrude XD-25 or XD-30 .... works great and you can buy it in bulk or Academy

Never used quicksilver but I am sure it's fine

STAY away from the Penzoil in the yellow container.....
                Shops can see the build up of deposits from use of the cheap stuff.....

Remember, you do get what you pay for, but sometimes the name of your brand put the price out of reach
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

When we had our 2 stroke yami we used Yamalube in it religiously.
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I use the cheap stuff-always have-just don't mix different types of 2 stroke oils. The properties are all spota be the same-TCW-3, but some may have an additive already mixed in. Ring free is just another secondary lube-helps cut down friction some. I usually add some (a pint for maybe 15 gallons) 2 stroke oil to my gas also even though oil injected-Huey Smith always said it was better to foul a plug than burn a cylinder. Also, make sure you add Ethanol treatment and change that dang water/gas filter.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                      I use the cheap stuff-always have-just don't mix different types of 2 stroke oils. The properties are all spota be the same-TCW-3, but some may have an additive already mixed in. Ring free is just another secondary lube-helps cut down friction some. I usually add some (a pint for maybe 15 gallons) 2 stroke oil to my gas also even though oil injected-Huey Smith always said it was better to foul a plug than burn a cylinder. Also, make sure you add Ethanol treatment and change that dang water/gas filter.
                      Holy Crap, I also have to remember to add ethanol treatment and change the water and gas filters? This is too much to remember, all I want to do is jump in the boat and fish!

Seriously, what do you recommend for ethanol treatment?
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Stabil Ethanol Treatment or StarTron-either one are good-just remember to add the treatment stuff BEFORE adding the gas so it don't eat up your filler hose-the treatment stuff is highly corrosive to fuel lines-I just paid for that on my Robalo!!!

E21: Dang, I thought you already got some spare filters!! Also, my old mechanic always said to heavy up on the oil-he said to add oil to the gas-he felt that the extra oil in the gas, although may foul out plugs sooner, would help lube, so adding some to your gas isn't a bad idea and running rich on oil won't hurt-prolly similar to adding Yam Ring Free.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sta-Bil /MARINE FORMULA

Use this in your gas for your boat everytime you fill up

Enter FREE in the code and recieve free shipping

This stuff goes for $13.99 for the small bottle at West Marine..... so this is a good deal too ....
                          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

OK, to summarize all of this. I need to do the following:

1. use Yamalube or something equal to it.
                            2. use Ring free (from Yahama or Sea Foam) every time I fill up
                            3. use Stabil every time I fill up
                            4. replace water and full filter on a regular basis (how often?)
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I meant Fuel filter, not full filter.
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X