First post - 26.5" Trout Friday morning, released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post - 26.5" Trout Friday morning, released

Got home from work Friday morning around 930am, had daddy daycare duty all day. I was getting the brief from my Wife on when my son last ate, and how long he had been asleep. While chatting with her, I walked outside. First thing I saw was a 15" needlefish getting chased on the surface by three BIG trout.
    Stepped inside my back door, grabbed my curado with a mirrolure mirrodine on it, and 2 casts later landed this 26.5" fatty. Promptly released her. Managed a 18" shortly after. Friday that sun warmed the water nicely...but I had my infant son all day so I didn't get a chance to take advantage of it.

I was going to try today, but the wind and cold appeared to have them lock-jawed. Maybe tomorrow?

Click image for larger version

Name:	26.5inTrout2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	571210Click image for larger version

Name:	26.5inTrout1.jpg
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	571209Click image for larger version

Name:	26.5inRelease.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	571208

Great first post! And welcome to FWE!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

WTG
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Helluva first post! Welcome Aboard!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks!

I moved here in August. I was able to locate the flounder and schoolie trout with a few reds all late summer/fall around Jones Lake/ICW, but ever since Mid-December I've been having trouble. I guess I'm not the only one having trouble finding patterns. This fish was a nice motivator. I've seen a few big girls in the lights, but not much lately. Thats why i was surprised to see these trout chasing a needlefish - especially during the daylight. Had to be the high sun warming the water up. I can't wait for spring to come.

In your experience, is Spring or Fall better in this area? I grew up fishing the middle coast/southern tx coast. Galveston Bay is new to me. Lots of fish, but a lot of differences too.

Tight Lines,
          SQ

Comment

Needed that fish today. Good catch!

Comment

Man I really feel for you, That daddy day care thing really seems to be holdin ya back, my kids are grown and I cant remember projectile vomiting or nasty diapers!Welcome aboard ,That trout is awsome!And I bet your son is too, see ya!
              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                Needed that fish today. Good catch!
                I bet - she's still out there but she is probably a lot further north than most of the tourney guys were fishing.

Originally posted by Rollo
                Man I really feel for you, That daddy day care thing really seems to be holdin ya back, my kids are grown and I cant remember projectile vomiting or nasty diapers!Welcome aboard ,That trout is awsome!And I bet your son is too, see ya!

I wouldn't trade it for the world! I do find myself wishing he was just a little bit older so he can get out there with me, soon!

Comment

Heck of a way to start the Day Congrats

Comment

Watch him close because hell grow up in the wink of an eye ,and raise him to love and respect the outdoors and some day with your guidance he,ll catch that same trout and more!
                    West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Great fish and welcome to FWE. Congrats on the fish and the keeper you were looking after.
                      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Welcome, good fish !
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Welcome.
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

very nice fish and welcome to the site!
                            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

26.5" trout what a way to not take advantage of the day. Lol

Nice fish too bad it took two cast to catch that one. You may need to ice that arm down.

Just funnin ! Welcome aboard.
                              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X