468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/29/12 Quick trip from Bayou Vista Bridge to the opening of Jones Bay - Skunk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/29/12 Quick trip from Bayou Vista Bridge to the opening of Jones Bay - Skunk!

My brother and I were going to fish from the boat all weekend, but the weather changed our plans.

I landed that 26.5" trout Friday morning from my dock, and a few nice trout in the lights friday evening from my dock, then he came in around 1030pm and we got a few more.

Saturday we planned to run across Jones, possibly drift, and hit West bay. Well, the wind never let us. We stayed home and hung out. We bought a few live shrimp to try from my dock, nada. I had a shrimp out from 5pm until 10am this morning and it was still on the hook, live, with all of his legs. Crazy!

This morning(Sunday) I got up early, and the wind was still howling. We decided to stay close and see if we could find anything to pull our line.

We started out by the Bayou Vista RR bridge with live shrimp, and plastics - not a bump. Moved on down to a marsh drain, not a bump. Moved out towards Jones, not a bump.

We couldn't lose a shrimp. Crazy.

Anyone else find anything?

SQ

MJH & I were skunked this morning too.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Did you see anything at all? I had reds/trout in the canals a few nights ago, and a ton of mullet. Today and Yesterday have been absolutely dead though.

Comment

We didn't see a mullet, baitfish or a slick. The only birds we saw were ducks. I haven't seen the water that dead in ages.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          We didn't see a mullet, baitfish or a slick. The only birds we saw were ducks. I haven't seen the water that dead in ages.
          There were a lot of gulls about 200yds west of the Bayou Vista bridge. They kept hitting the water for something that I couldn't see - either shrimp or a really small baitfish, not sure. I didn't see any fish under them though. They were concentrated around the marsh drain - but I couldn't lose a live shrimp on a cork, on the bottom, or free-lined. I've never gone out and had trouble losing a shrimp. At least get the legs nibbled off!

Comment

Working...
          X