468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wear ray guards/shields when wading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear ray guards/shields when wading?

I was wondering how many of yall wear ray guards when wading. I dont, I dont even own a set, but have been thinking about getting some. Anyone ever been hit by a ray?
    Always
    22.00%
    Sometimes
    16.00%
    Never
    62.00%
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
    I was wondering how many of yall wear ray guards when wading. I dont, I dont even own a set, but have been thinking about getting some. Anyone ever been hit by a ray?

I own a set, my dad does too... I know Mell Wader uses them religiously. Beach Bum Bailey owns a pair too. I don't wade as much as most. When I do I am usually out gigging and can easily spot rays with the light. However when I do wade I wear my rayguards. There have been more than 5 people that I have read about on other forums that have been hit just this year.

Its a fact if you wade long enough your going to have a brush with a ray.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Always, always, and always!!!!! I am not 100% sure they will stop a Ray but I like my chances better with my Rays guards on!

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I know they arent "ray proof", but I agree, they will better your chances. I th ink I am going to buy some before this weekend.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I need a pair...
          Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Think again....

You don't want something like this getting you. Right?....

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,...02,00.html#2_0

Comment

Ray guards and GOOD wading boots.... if you haven't heard of them OTB Boots are awesome! Several models but I like the SAR boots as they can be worn on float tubes with fins, diving, or as wade/stocking foot wader boots.

Comment

I only go in the water if the boat goes down!!
                I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                  I only go in the water if the boat goes down!!

Or if you trip over your gig light and decide to float the lazy river 3 or 4 times

All good fun Mike!

Comment

I only wear them sometimes. I don't in the winter cause I am usually walking thru knee deep mud. Bass Pro has the ray guards for 124. cheap insurance to not get hit. They come with the boot and knee high chap.

Comment

I don't wear any Ray Guards, but I sure have stepped on enough things that started to move to seriously consider it...

Comment

Yah, I know what you mean... I leap into the air each time something slides out from underneath my feet...

Comment

I just pee in my waders.

Semper Fi!

Comment

Never wear them. Just an old pair of t-shoes.
                            I am a firm believer in being able to quickly kick off footwear if there is a need to swim.
                            West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpie View Post
                              Never wear them. Just an old pair of t-shoes.
                              I am a firm believer in being able to quickly kick off footwear if there is a need to swim.

Me too...in the 38 years I've been wading, I've never had a problem. Seen them plenty of times and maybe I'm just lucky, but sliding the feet was tought to me at a very very early age.
                              Don't be a Nancy!
                              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                              X