x-mas bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x-mas bay

fished x-mas for awhile yesterday with no luck. the tide was too low to fish the shoreline, so i went straight out to deeper water. threw a top and some plastics for a couple hours without a bite. it was super foggy and a bit windy. plenty of bait along the shoreline,but none out deeper. only one other person out ,he was too far away to see if he was catching anything.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

maybe next time. I had the same luck in chocolate.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Yea the wind kicked up yesterday, it was flat as glass at day break and then pick up throughout the day.
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Been catching mine lately in 3-4' water over mud. Back off the shoreline and key on the bait.

Comment

I'm a newbie in the area. I keep my boat in Surfside. Can some on give me some pointers as when and where on these close to me me areas to fish in. Your advice would be deeply appreciated

Comment

what kind of boat?

Comment

I have a Seacat comet. I have ran across Drum Bay but never stopped. Just trying to learn the area and when. Thanks for you help

Comment

i havent fished drum bay but here its good for reds in the summer. x-mas bay is good for drifting this time of year. theres an old channel near the south shoreline,look for it with depth finder. the north shoreline can be good or the entrance to bastrop. rattle snake point area is good also.

Comment

Thanks for advise I will not be able to fish till the 26th but I cant wait to try my new trolling motor. I need a foot of water to float, but I can get up on 20" of water. I keep the boat in Surfside so I can do some offshore close in for Kings, Ling, and Tarpon, but I love fishing the bays, both my wife and I fly fish, so I'm looking forward to get into so shallow reds

Comment

on a very high tide, the reefs just east of christmas pt. (south end of bastrop) are great. when entering (from x mas into bastrop), be sure to hug the house to the east of the reef. dont want you to tear up your hull. better off wading it. tops and touts.
                    Chris Comer

Waist Deep Angler

"Many men go fishing all
                    their lives before they
                    realize it is not the fish
                    they are after"

Comment

Thanks. for info. We caught some keeper trout, reds and whiting on the channel by the the blue house 3 weeks ago, but I'll wait to bet warmer before I jump in wade fishing

Comment

Hey Spook, when this weather straightens out we'll hit Christmas and make a wade. Been a long time since I fished that water.

Comment

I tried to make it back to surfside through the intercostal. And soon learn to do it never again, I found every oyster reef on the way and decided to go back out through bastrop out to the intercostal. Paying the price of learning the bays

Comment

Working...
                          X