need some help getting out the SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help getting out the SLP

I have a 24 robalo and cannot seem to find a channel from west bay through the pass. There are alot of pvc markers but I was following them last weekend and got in 1 foot. Is there a set of markers that I can trust out there?

dont know about that area to much , did you try pulling up google earth and looking for the deeper channels ?
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Yep you can get outt but need to follow someone-plus getting from bridge into Gulf is a little tricky-again best to follow someone-you don't wanna run aground on bars south of bridge with waves crashing.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

There is a major channel that goes through there and they are marked with PVC, but the channel use to zig zag through so you have to be careful. I suggest you go really slow and look for the bigger PVCs (assuming they are still there. Haven't been in a while).

Comment

By following the pvc you will have no issue but I agree with Robalo that following someone through the first time would really benefit you . When a north wind blows some water out of the bay you will really be able to see that channel well...
          sigpic

Comment

This track is about a year old and I've run it many time's with no problem, it runs along the newer pvc pipes. Like said before, it's nice to follow someone the first.
            Attached Files
            A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Yep, the orange markers are the ones you want. Keep them on your left, and don't stray too far from the track. On a low tide day, which is more the norm this time of year, you might want to consider not going at all. Getting into the channel from the North, there is a lip. I don't know how shallow it is.

Running from the County Park (where Willie's map shows him going into), you want to go toward the middle of the bridge. As you approach it, ease toward the Galveston side. The channel out is up there. Read the breakers and don't take unnecessary risks.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

follow someone the first time.
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

its ever-changing. Williep is pretty accurate with his track. We used to run offshore from Jamaica Beach through the pass in a 24ft with twin engines, we could run through the SLP with no problems. You may want to wait until the tides are up, they are usually pretty low in the winter.

Comment

I always use the shrimp boat wreck as reference point to help me find the beginning of the cut when heading to SLP from west bay. I would always go around the wreck to the north then start running along the pilings. If you wear some polarized sunglasses you should be able to see the cut

Comment

Just be careful.

Comment

Working...
                      X