Braided Line Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided Line Help

I just started using braided line a few months ago, and have been mostly happy with it so far. I put Sufix Performanc Braid on my spinning reel and it has worked ok. The main problem is that when I cast it, the thin line buries itself under other wraps on the spool that are behind it in the line, which will cause it to catch and make some really bad knots and burrs. I respooled a last weekend because I thought the line was not wrapped on tight enough, and when I was out last, it started doing the same thing, just not quite as bad. I heard my line was getting twisted, so I have been running a swivel, but still no go. I put PowerPro on my Curado and couldnt be happier. Anyone else have similar issues on spinning reels or with Sufix? Will going to PowerPro on me spinner help out at all? Thanks.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
    Anyone else have similar issues on spinning reels or with Sufix? Will going to PowerPro on me spinner help out at all? Thanks.

I can't speak for Sufix I have never used them but I love my Stradic 8000's I have 65lb PowerPro on them and couldn't be happier. What size line are you running? I still run mono on all my inshore reels.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I am running 30lb on both Sufix and PowerPro. I have had great success with the PowerPro, but it is on a baitcasting reel, so I am not sure if that is making the difference or if it is the line itself. I might re-spool again after this weekend with PowerPro on my spining reel if the problem continues, and if that doesnt fix it, I am going back to mono on my spinners.
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Yah I am having no problem with the PowerPro that I have on my spinning rods.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
        X