Favorite place to get seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite place to get seeds

First - thanks Coe for the Garden Forum ... but lets all think of a cool name like; Diggin Dirt or Corn Dogs Orchard

Next - Where do you guys buy your seeds?

I have been using www.rareseeds.com

A master gardner reccomened rare seeds to me and I have been pleased with them.
    It's the only place I have found my special okra "Stewerts Zee Best"

They are big on herloom seeds that you can save the seeds year to year
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

I have bought from burpee before but mainly I got to the nursery here in town. Caldwell. They have a good selection of the stuff I grow in my garden. Plus the nursery is huge. Easy to get lost looking around in there.

http://www.burpee.com/

http://www.cooksgarden.com/

Comment

I've ordered from Bakers & Burpee before
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Reimer seeds. They have a lot of stuff you can't get other places.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

http://www.reimerseeds.com/
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

you can buy bulk seed from Stanton"s in alvin...

Comment

I will try some of yalls suggestions ,but i use ....http://www.totallytomato.com/
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I get my hop rhizomes from The Thyme Garden out of Oregon. They include free seeds based on the size of the order:

www.thymegarden.com
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Anybody know if anyone has sweet potato slips for sale locally? I need to get them in the ground pretty quick and I'd rather buy them around here somewhere as opposed to ordering them.
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                    Anybody know if anyone has sweet potato slips for sale locally? I need to get them in the ground pretty quick and I'd rather buy them around here somewhere as opposed to ordering them.
                    I'm pretty certain Wabash Feed and Seed (on Washington Ave. in Houston) would have them. I consistantly see containers of seed potatoes next to the beer cooler there. 713-863-8322
                    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Wabash is cool, but they aint cheap
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                        Wabash is cool, but they aint cheap
                        Agreed. They are closer to me, than say Steinhauser. But Steinhauser doesn't sell beer.

Comment

$h!t - I take my cocktails with me when I hit nurserys all the time

Beer is good but a totdy is better
                          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

LOL,
                            the cashiers look less like Cossacks after a round.

Comment

I used to get mine from the bottom of the bag.......LOL
                              Beandaddy

Comment

Working...
                              X