Recent Outings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Outings

I've put the 7 wt. to work last week in the Bahamas on this 7lb bonefish.

The other pictures are from this winter. I have around 200 pictures of that trip.

WestendAngler, let me now when those hog trout show up, haha jk. My largest trout is around 4 pounds. But I've only fished for trout a hand full of times with the long rod, and it's blindcasting.
    Attached Files

I catch the moby trout from the dock I sight cast to reds in upper greens its addicting!!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great pics! Looks like a blast.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Addicting?

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        its addicting!!
        So addicting I've stopped fishing for trout in the summer. Last year I didn't enter the STAR Tournament so I wouldn't be eager to leave the backlakes and go chase trout. It was the best summer I've had in a long time. But fly fishing is still new to me so I hope the new doesn't wear off soon.

I'll never forget last summer my father-in-law and I could see tails in a pond over from the one we were in. We eventually found our way into that pond and the tails dropped but the reds were so thick they started drumming and it sounded like thunder. You could feel the skiff vibrate from it.

Bountyhunter had a few shots of tailing reds last year. Hopefully he's been practicing and can get back over here.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by blittle; May 13, 2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Brian...I got a complex now!

I've got a 7wt that has never had a pull yet...when we going?
          Attached Files
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

The fly, it is so addicting. I never understood what the big deal was until I made my first cast. I was hooked from that point. Nice red, I am sure that was a serious fight!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              when we going?
              I have a tournament the end of the month. After that is overwith we need to plan something. I would take you with me while I prefish, but I know how your mouth works, haha jk.

You need to come over to my part of Texas or we can venture over to the LA side of life. Maybe one Friday when neither of us have to work.

These are the last pictures until I can get some new ones taken.

The camera was on a weird setting this day and I didn't now about it until I came home.
              Attached Files

Comment

Whats you talkin about?I don't reveal spots....for free!

Sounds good, I'll keep in touch when it looks promising.
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by blittle View Post
                  Bountyhunter had a few shots of tailing reds last year. Hopefully he's been practicing and can get back over here.
                  Yes I had a blast, and you put me on fish after fish but I just didn't do my part. What a red fish heaven you have down there, it is awesome. I'll give you a call to try and talk you in to giving me another shot....

Derek
                  Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Like the fly fishing pics.

Comment

Mannn Those are beautiful fish
                      I have an 8 weight and have fished it a lot for freshwater. I tried to fish it in salt a few times but 1)didn't have the right salt flies and 2)wind was not cooperating the days I tried.

Maybe I'll try it again another dya but you almost never get a good wind day at the coast.

Joe

Comment

Wind is part of it. But when its good it can be even more fun.

I'll be out tomorrow morning for a short outing. Maybe I can get some video.

Comment

Went to Freeport Bahama's a couple of years ago and could not get any locals to take me bone fishing. I do not throw a fly and most of them wanted to go deep sea. Oh well, I found a good bar and catch more then a fish.
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                            Went to Freeport Bahama's a couple of years ago and could not get any locals to take me bone fishing. I do not throw a fly and most of them wanted to go deep sea. Oh well, I found a good bar and catch more then a fish.
                            Like crabs?

Comment

blittle- where were you fishing? im jealous

Comment

Working...
                              X