Any advice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice??

We are going to try taking our boat to the jetties in Galveston this Saturday. Does anyone have any advice to offer? We have never been before. We were planning on buying live shrimp and crabs. We might get some squid.. If anyone is willing to share some tips that would be great!

shrimp and cracked crab is the ticket.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Fish them 2-3 ft under a popping cork. Throw near the rocks and let the current take it while popping the cork but not reeling in too much! I like to let my line lay down in the water before I pop the cork. It makes that extra noise when you pop it hard.
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Or try adjusting to deeper water. Be careful at the Jetties wind is suppose to be 10-15 out of the north
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
          Or try adjusting to deeper water. Be careful at the Jetties wind is suppose to be 10-15 out of the north
          They call that free lining shrimp.Get you a sabshki and put little dead pieces of shrimp and catch you some finfish for bait.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Another good tip when fishing the jetties, before you pull the anchor to leave, start your motor.
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth move
              if you've never been to the jetties, i strongly suggest you take someone with you that has experience there. things can get out of hand in a hurry out there in the wind and waves, and there will be waves.
              X3
              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yesterday it said there would only be 11mph winds and today says that there will be 15-25... So, we will not be going to the jetties after all!! I always read that you are supposed to fish in protected waters when it is windy...any advice on where to go to find protected waters? We definitely want to go tomorrow, we do not get a chance to go very often with work schedules and a 10 month old son. we will just have to figure out a place we can fish with the wind.. Thanks for being honest everyone!

Comment

Bastrop bayou, Chocolate bayou. Hall's bayou. Diversonary canal to name a few.

Comment

I'm planning to brave the cold and wind and fish in and around Moses Lake. Dress warm!
                    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

X2 chocolate Put in at lutes and get your live bait there
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Chocolate it is! That was the original plan, then it looked like it was going to be a calm day and that is why we considered the jetties. Maybe next time..
                        Chocolate is a lot closer anyways.

Comment

Let us know how you do.
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

nice catch

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are some big girls!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...