short wade @ slp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short wade @ slp

Had a short window this morning to wade so I took advantage of it and went to the pass. Waded for about 2 hours and had nothing to show for it. Water was sandy green and their was allot of bait holding close to the shoreline. Had a good fish on that pulled off and missed another blowup and that was it. When I was wading back I decided to stop and fish this marsh drain before I called it a day. The water was pretty clear here and I started to see some stingrays. No big deal these were all about the size of dinner plates. But then out of the corner of my eye I saw the outline of something huge! Waded closer and it ended up being a big *** ray!! I've never seen anything even close to this one, I'm guessing it was in the 50-60# range. Anyways, wish I could have fished longer but o well. Also when I was leaving the island it looked like the wind was starting to lay down. Hope we get a break from it soon..

Thanks for the report Alex. Just being ont he water is good sometimes. Better to see him first than him feel you first, lol.

I remember being near the Cayman Islands when we went to Stingray City and we got to hold some (hands under the bottom, hold em like a pizza) in the 5' and 6' wingspan size. There were HUNDREDS there and just a docile as can be. I remember thinkign if I was in Galveston this thing would be burrying his barb in my stomach! by now. It was crazy but well orth it if you ever get down there.

Joe

Comment

Thanks for the report TTU.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks for letting us know how it went. Those dinner-plate rays will hit you just as bad as the big ones...

Comment

im gonna be lookin for em this eve!
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

i need some or some shark bait what side was you on and where at i need alot of them

Comment

Last time I was gigging I saw a bunch, I'll impale some for you next time.

Comment

Atleast you got to wet a line. Those BIG rays give me goose bumps. Too many times cahsed by them while gigging I guess

Comment

Yan, I might come down Saturday to do an evening gig if your down...
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by fishingcowboy View Post
                      i need some or some shark bait what side was you on and where at i need alot of them
                      Bay side. They are thick from about Sportsmans road all the way to the pass in about 2' of water lol. I was close to the water tower though.

Comment

Thanks for the report.....It's always fun being in the water!
                        We have been seeing lots of rays on the S Shoreline and a buddy of mine even caught 2 in jones last week.
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                        X