tomato cages ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomato cages ?

tomato cages...anybody use them, and how much do you pay for them ?

$10 max for pre-made but I usually made my own.

Here's the standard version you find in most gardens on Amazon for $31 for a 10 pack:

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I use them -- I generally only plant about 10 -15 tomato plants though -- the heavy duty ones are about 4 or 5 bucks at the orange or blue store but I get a couple of years out of them.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
        ....just make them out of wire fencing that you can pick up at either Lowe's or Home Depot. Cut them to the size that you want and use black tie wraps to hold them together. Since they are all cut to the same size when you are finished with them cut off the tie wraps and they will lay flat for use next year.

this is what I have been doing for the past 10 years

Comment

I suggest you use something bigger then what they sell at home depot or lowes. Tomatoes can grow to over 6 feet tall and if you don't have the support you need for the plant, the stock of the plant will split and you will start getting disease. I generally get four seasons out of one plant.

Just baby them and protect them in summer from the sun and you can have fresh tomatoes in the fall as well.
          Son of the Republic

Comment

Use the cattle...hog...chicken....whatever panels. Tie them to the panels, that have been cut, and one long panel can go for a row of tomatoe plants.

Comment

Working...
            X