5/14/09 West Bay Evening Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/14/09 West Bay Evening Lights

Got in last night about fish thirty, that hour just before the sun goes down, and threw a few things out with no luck. I was starting to think the eve was going to be a bust until I heard the shad coming in at the end of the canal. With the shad came the specks and although I could have thrown soft plastics and pulled in a limit I went for the Catch 2000's in either clear or the green with black working them at different retrieves. I caught 4 very fat trout going 17, 19, 20 and 22" all released to fight another day. I also had a few sand trout that tried to be pigs and eat something half the size of them hahaha.

I used a spinning reel, 6'6" rod and 12lb Seaguar flourocarbon main line. They weren't interested in a slow retrieve. You had to give it an almmost steady pop pop pop pop pop pause pop pop pop pop pop pause pop pause and somewhere in there wham!

I was going to fish this eve but i believe I got put on movie and drinks duty. I'll gladly take that duty cause the trade off is I'll see you guys at the pass Saturday morning!

Joe

You guys really make me wish I had a house on the island! One day I will.
    Thanks for the report.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
    X