How do you choose a bait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you choose a bait?

The other day while I was at my local Academy just looking around the tackle section. I was just walking and brousing looking at all the baits that are out on the market, most of these baits I think are designed to catch fisherman instead of fish with all there flashy paint and packages. I swear they have every kind of bait you could think of, they come in all shapes, sizes, noises, and colors. I remember when I first bacame a die hard artificial guy many years ago I would go into Academy and buy every new bait they had. If it was new or I didn't have it I bought, now things are different I guess. It seems like now I seem to focus on the baits that have proven themselves time and time again. I guess now I'm becomming stuck in my ways, if it works don't change it. Kinda like the old sayin "don't leave fish to find fish". Don't get me wrong I still like to play with something new but just not as often, especialy when it comes to new baits out on the market. I guess I mainly rely on other reports from other sources before buying new baits. But just walking into the tackle shop picking up something new just does not happen that often anymore. How do you choose your baits? Do you just go in to a store and if it looks like a winner you buy it, do you rely on solid fishing reports, recommended by a freind, or some crazy no it all guide said thats whats working. Just curious.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

I sometimes find myself getting caught up in the new packages and any soft plastic with a similar color scheme that has proven itself I will surely give a try. I find myself returning to the basics and using the ones that have proven themselves in the field. I do sometimes get an impulse to buy a certain one but for the most part I am matching my lure to its specific purpose, time of day and water condition.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I choose what my wallet can handle fish and then what my butt can handle after the old lady finds out how much I spent...

Comment

Working...
      X