Boga knock-offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boga knock-offs

I've never been a fan of Boga Grips. For so many years its just been easy to grab a Trout, Red, of Flounder with my hands. I never have used wading nets and never will either. Just a pain to carry . To this day I still grab most of my fish by hand and don't plan on changing. But, there are the times when I really need the use of a Boga. For instance when the topwater hooks are imbedded right where I would normally grab a Trout or Red. A boga can make landing the fish a little better and less painful. And just about all my Trout over 25" will see a Boga. Alot less stressed placed on the fish and a lot less touching of the Trout. Makes for better releases.
    Anyways, last year I bought a Boga knock-off thats was $20 bucks at FTU. I figured what the he!!. I'll try this one before I drop $120 on the real deal. Then I will use this cheapy for what ever. Comes to find out this $20 cheapy is holding up d@mn good LOL. Its a little over a year old now and has probably grabed well over a 100 Trout and Reds. The name brand is EconoLipper and is sold at FTU. If any one is wanting to try a boga before purchasing the expesive one you might wanna go this route. Plus, less painful if dropped.
    Also, I have been playing with another one for the past 3 months and I really like it too. This one is the pistol grip handled one from Berkley. It sells for about $50 bucks at Academy. This is the one I'm now using because its so small and doesn't get in the way. Both of these have performed great!

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

I also have the Econolipper from FTU that I was recommended by a friend. It works great. Hasn't dropped a fish yet
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Bogas

I have the bogas given to me as a gift (inshore) I immediatly went and bought the larger one as well. I love both, however I have already bottomed out the scale on my Bogas weighing a huge Black Drum. Largest fish on the boat yet! At least 70lbs! Props to Saltychef for landing the largest fish on the Reel Estate
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
      X