Trailer Issue - Spindle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Issue - Spindle...

My spindle on one of the sides of my trailer was a little reluctant yesterday in releasing the hub & bearing assembly.

Any suggestions on what to use on the spindle in order to allow the new bearing to slide on & off with ease?

Someone suggested emery cloth but having never used it nor bought any I have no idea what to look for or how to use it. I'm assuming it's similar to sandpaper without all the grit.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

coe, it is a type of sandpaper. It comes with a flexible, cloth backing that make it much easier to use. just tear off a piece and sand down the area is a sawing type of action(sort of like shining your shoe with a cloth). can be found in any hardware store

Comment

Originally posted by fishingrx View Post
      coe, it is a type of sandpaper. It comes with a flexible, cloth backing that make it much easier to use. just tear off a piece and sand down the area is a sawing type of action(sort of like shining your shoe with a cloth). can be found in any hardware store

It's also called plumber's sandcloth.
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

THANKS!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

120 or 240 grit should do it.
          Beandaddy

Comment

The emory cloth is great-just "polish" like you would a shoe shine rag and sand the heck outta the spindle to get smooth(don't sand forever and weaken it, just trying to make it smooth so new hub/bearings slide on).
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Coe,

You can also find it at any auto parts store, or my house. PM if you would like a piece.
              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
              X