5/16/09 SLP Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/16/09 SLP Bridge

Took the wife, daughter and BF to potlick from 5-8 pm at the bridge with some dead shrimp.
    Broke off 3 times on live mullet- what is it- big reds?
    Came home with 6 p-drum, a red, a flounder, and 2 big whiting.
    Also a sting, a li'l mack, a gafttop, and HH's caught.
    Kid's had a ball. Mom was not happy.
    AP, What is the best way to approach Bird Island, from the south, I presume? Gonna hit it this weekend.

From the south-skinny water to NE and N of Bird-channel runs on west side of it along Mud Isle shoreline. Be careful around there. Thanks for the report.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Jacks and Spanish Macks were being caught at the Pass this past Saturday could have easily been them. What size leader were you using?
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

20 mono on trout tackle; I'm loading up a bigger spinning rod with 20/40 leader for a kid rodeo

Comment

Robalo, so come in from the bridge almost?

Comment

I've also used that tieable wire leader in the surf and at the Jetty and the spanish macks can't get through it... I tied my normal mono knot with it and everything...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

We were snapped off at the swivels. Must have been jacks.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                From the south-skinny water to NE and N of Bird-channel runs on west side of it along Mud Isle shoreline. Be careful around there. Thanks for the report.
                That channel runs pretty deep on that side of BI. We actually ran Mud cut both ways Saturday evening, never even kicked up any mud.
                I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Here's an aerial pic.

Come acroos the east side of Mud Isalnd before you cut across.
                  Attached Files
                  West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Tanks

Comment

Whatever you do don't haul *** through there...unless you'd like a jolting morning wake up call.
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks for the report. It's great to get the kids out!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

i just follow sneekypetes little pink line on the ol GPS
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

I need to follow that little pink line through and save the trail.

Comment

Yeh i cant hardley tell were to go, all the pink lines i got on my gps.
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X