Where to take my GF?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to take my GF?!?!

Im looking to take my girl fishing with me this wednesday (day after tomorrow). She would prefer to not wade so thats cool. I was thinking seawolf park or either an 8hr party boat. Does anyone have any suggestions. she said that she wants to catch fish, doesnt matter what and i want her to as well.

Get some shrimp and soak it on the bottom off of a pier somewhere.

Should have all kinds of fish(mostly trash) jumping all over that shrimp.

Let us know how y'all do.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

What GHSmacker said, not sure which piers are still in operations though. If the water clears take her to one of the rock groins off the beach front or the south jetty. Put some live shrimp under a cork and you might just get into some trout.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

try seawolf park peir or fish off the bulkhead.live shrimp under a cork.the trout should be showing up over there plus they have portacans.maybe a few flounder over there too
        nk
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

If the dang wind lays down and water's green, hit the beachfront by San Luis with some live shrimp and use popping corks and try the second bar-that way she can sunbath if she don't wanna fish and you can fish-water temp is 85 degrees. Good luck-bring beer and chairs!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

thanks everyone for the input. if anyone sees this, what does a NE wind mean for the water? chocolate milk beach, green beach, etc?!?!?1

Comment

Yesterday was a NE wind on West Bay and the waves were not to bad, but the water was dirty. It was green about 50-75 yards out and unless your GF likes get bounced around, I would hit a pier or jetty.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

does anyone know if the east jetty is open....last time i went it was fenced off due to drudging of the sand
                whats better that jetty or the one in surfside?

Comment

or should we do an 8hr party boat trip to some rigs?

Comment

I am not a party boat person unless it is a booze cruise, but it might be a good idea to take the GF. The only problem is, if the waves are 4-5 ft. she might be chumming.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

does anyone know if the east jetty is open
                      Yes it is, this would actually be good spot to go too. With a NE wind, it should be right at your back for fishing in the surf, and the water there should be somewhat protected. You would also have the option of turning around and fishing the channel-side S. Jetty lagoon, which is a hella lot bigger now than before, and pretty deep in places. Get there early to avoid the $9 entry fee, or turn off Seawall before it ends, and go around the main entrance (I've heard this works, but haven't done it)

I would consider fishing the main channel of SLP too. The Galveston side should be protected from a E or NE wind. In fact, I'm debating between these two places right now for my Thursday trip, which should have similar conditions.

Comment

I've also seen some good reports from the S. Jetty recently. Since she just wants to catch fish, hook her up with some fresh dead shrimp (get from Smittys, quality is way better than Uncle Buck's) on a size 4 (not 4/0) gamakatsu shiner hook with a sliding 1oz pyramid weight and leader. Great rig for reds, black drum, sheephead, croaker, and whiting. Bring extra tackle for when she snags the rocks, and pliers to get off those hardheads. I'd be suprised if ya'll didn't catch anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X