Lower Galveston Bay 5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Galveston Bay 5/18

Tough day of fishing for sure. Launched at 8 AM with a 23-25 mph NE wind. Ran to West Bay to see if anything was protected and it was a giant mudhole. Then ran over to the only protected water in Lower Galveston Bay and it wasnt much better. Did 1 long drift with a few bites but no takers. Anchored up on the Pelican island bridge for 1/2 an hour and caught a few small croakers. About noon the wind died below 20 mph so we went looking for some decent water and we found some finally. ANd slicks were plenty so we hammered out until about 4 pm and ended up with 12 trout and 1 red. A few throwwbacks and a few break offs also. Lots of solid fish and we had 2 over 4 pounds. 2 guys throwing shrimp under a popping cork and me and the other guy throwing plastics. Not a bad day considering the terrible conditions!
    Attached Files
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

Way to stick with it!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Way to grind it out and turn a bad day to a good one. thanks for the report.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Sometimes all it takes that last hour or so to make the day. Congrat on the fish and thanks for the report.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Looks like y'all turned it into a pretty decent trip.

Thanks for the report.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Looks like you folks did pretty good.

Comment

nice report.nice job on grinding to find the fish.congrats
              nk
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report. Good job in really tough conditions. Way to go!!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice job and way to gring it out

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Good job and nice pics

Comment

Working...
                    X