W. Bay 5/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. Bay 5/16

Got up bright and early to fish Sat. morning and the wind was just perfect. Just enough wind to keep you cool and drifting nicely, but not too much to fish effectively. I was going to fish the topwater since I haven't had much luck with it this year, but with little surface bait action I decided to go with the jerk shad. Within the first 5 minutes I get a bite and bring in a nice 18" flattie. A while later I get another hit and it feels like good 'un. Get her to the boat and it's a good ~23" trout. Too bad I made the mistake of loosening the drag too much and she ran into my drift sock and got free End up catching another flounder and a 21" speck that swallowed the lure so I kept her too. Also lost another good fish after a short fight. There were lots of shad being flushed out of the marsh and the pelicans and terns were all over them, couldn't get any bites there though. Good fun.

Last edited by Milkjug; May 18, 2009, 08:37 PM. Reason: Forgot pic

Nice work!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good job Yan.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice work and thanks for the report.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nicely done! Same spot?
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Nice MJ. You're doing great.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Ya done good.Congrats
              nk
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice job MJ

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Same spot?