older riding lawnmower help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• older riding lawnmower help!

Stupid me ran all the gas out of it!I filled it up and it only runs for a few seconds then sputters and quits.I cut the fuel valve off and took off inline fuel filter off and blew thur it no blockage...gas around the lipps.I took the set screw off and the cup that is around the float of carb(gunk and such).no luck still start's for a few seconds then dies.Any thought's?I'm leaning towards carb dismantle and rebuild and clean.Could i be missing something in my frustration?The motor is a 11 hp.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

It was fresh gas and i start the thing ever few weeks.I know better than to run anything out of fuel but hurry up and get it done took over.I think the motor is a brigg's and stration.I'm leaning towards debris in the jet's as well.I put it up for the day and started up the echo weedeater.

Comment

I dislike working on carbs even if they are easy 2 stroke's.

Comment

Carb probably sucked up junk into your low idle speed jets. You should take carb off and let it soak in cleaner for a day, then blow out your orifices......

Comment

I will try that Micheal or spray carb cleaner in first.Thanks

Comment

Hey dumbarse bring it to my house and let me look at it!! You know I use to run a lawn service. Geez!! Bring your boat while your at it!! It needs to be fixed too!! HEEHEE
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
              Hey dumbarse bring it to my house and let me look at it!! You know I use to run a lawn service. Geez!! Bring your boat while your at it!! It needs to be fixed too!! HEEHEE
              Come help me load my swapbuggie mower in my boat.lol......I'm gonna hit it with some carb cleaner in a few days when i shake this fishin bug.

Comment

Reeltime 1

Riding lawnmower 0

Carb cleaner saved the day!

Comment

Carb probably sucked up junk into your low idle speed jets. You should take carb off and let it soak in cleaner for a day,
                  then blow out your orifices.....

I try to blow mine daily!! LOL I'm glad it worked.
                  Beandaddy

Comment

Working...
                  X