7/19 Out SLP about 20 miles or so.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/19 Out SLP about 20 miles or so.

Headed out San Luis Pass last Saturday with 4 total. Tried a jack-up that last month was loaded with ling-nobody home-not a single bite. Moved to 301 and picked up 3 snapper about 4-6#s (one flopped and went overboard-I told him to keep it in the boat while dehooking-whoops). Lost several others and caught about 20 undersize all while drifting flat lines and weighted lines with sardines. Did hit several weedlines-lots of chicken dolphins but no takers (tried spec rigs, paddletails, cut bait-they just weren't hungry). Boated 1 - 15# king and lost a couple others. Choppy 2-3' seas going out and easy back in at 2 pm. Current was almost nonexistent which was unusual.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Thanks for the report I had engine troubles the day it was like glass what... 2 weeks back or so... very upset haven't gotten 1 snapper yet this season!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Thanks for the report I had engine troubles the day it was like glass what... 2 weeks back or so... very upset haven't gotten 1 snapper yet this season!
      I've only caught two all season!!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I got my 2 only made it out one day... Bailey counted the lane snapper in with his other Red so he only got 1 Red this year lol
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          I got my 2 only made it out one day... Bailey counted the lane snapper in with his other Red so he only got 1 Red this year lol
          Bailey needs to learn his snapper!!
          I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
          X