3-4-12 Greens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-4-12 Greens

I needed to get out and run the boat after having a little work done on her and Sunday looked to be a great day for just that. I launched at Louies and headed to Greens to see if I could find some reds up on the flats. I managed one small slot and missed a few bites. All in all it was a nice day to be out. The boat ran great and I even got a chance to bend my rod.

I did wittiness an unfortunate accident for another boat owner. I was fishing a point in the main lake when I hear a skiff about to round the corner. Anyone that was out Sunday would know that the tide was SUPER low. Well, this little skiff tried to run between me and the shoreline and ended up on top of a sizable reef. I then watched him have the lady onboard move to the bow while he “hammered” down to get off the reef. They proceeded to hop up on plane, running right in front of my drift to begin the exit out of the lake. I didn’t know how to react to that other than laugh…. He needs to invest in a good pair of sunglasses before he tears up that pretty boat anymore.

thanks 4 the report
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Some boaters only think of themselves. Glad you caught something before they screwed it up.
      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Nice report.
        Sometimes I'm glad I don't have a boat so I won't do anything stupid like that.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          Nice report.
          Sometimes I'm glad I don't have a boat so I won't do anything stupid like that.
          Its just part of the whole program, new boaters learn some things the hard way,Bruce I can garantee you would not regret a boat, and mistakes are gonna happen!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Was out there Sunday from 1-3 probably
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice red.

And as far as the other guy goes, laugh, laugh, laugh.... Reefs and fiberglass, not a good combo. Well unless you are barely scraping over a reef chasing a school of record size trout. Then maybe, just maybe it is worth it.

DB
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Thanks, guys. If ya’ll ever see a little 14.5’ Shoalwater cat running around Galveston it’s most likely me. Feel free to potlick me but please don’t set your boat on top of a reef in front of me. Just ease in with the trolling motor and I’ll most likely have a cold one waiting for ya. I expect the same in return, of course.

Anyone planning to brave the winds/rain this weekend? I am surely thinkin' bout it...

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                  after they got off and back underway at a I am a sure slow speed....
                  One would think after an incident like that he would have eased out of there. Heck no - he hammered down and never looked back!

Comment

Sunday would have been great day to go out, I am jealous. Nice catch, sounds like that dude will not be out there for to long if he keeps that up

Comment

Working...
                    X