Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepairing your soil for planting.

Here is the key to a great garden.

Fertilize and soak the soil before you ever plant a seed or a plant. The fertilizer I use is 100% organic and they only place in our area that I have ever found it is at Maas nursery in Sea Brook, TX. The fertilizer is called Micro Life. What you are going to want to do is put one cup of fertilizer per square foot of soil in your beds. This is what is going to help your tomatoes produce. If you do not fertilize "FEED" tomatoes they will not produce fruit. But there is a catch. If you over fertilize you will have a plant that produces beautiful blooms but no fruit.

Only certain plants need a continues "feeding" tomatoes are one of those plants. So every week put a hand full of fertilizer on top of the soil and water it in to feed the roots. If you do this you will have more tomatoes then you know what to do with.

In the beginning of this thread I said soak your soil before planting. This means you want that soil to be damp all the way through to the card board before you plant anything. Do not make the soil slushy. The reason you soak the soil it allows the fertilizer to spread thoroughly through the whole bed.

Once you have done this to the soil, NEVER till it again. You want those micro organisms that you can not see to grow in your soil, and the leaf mold, and etc. This is key to an organic garden. One of my teachers told me organic gardening is the lazy mans garden. Just let nature do the work and keep your plants watered.

The only thing you will have to do is keep up with the weeds. If you see something that is not your plant in the soil pull it out and try to get the roots the best you can with out disturbing the soil to much.
    Son of the Republic
Working...
X