7/29/08 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/29/08 report

The fishing remains good on the Galvez home front. We had a minor set back last week with high winds and rain due to Dolly sturing things up a bit in the gulf, but I did get caught up on some much needed rest and a few home repairs that I have been putting off for some time.
    Friday we had a good day back on the water after the wind and rain finally backed off. I wasn't sure about running a trip this quick without do a scouting trip first but things worked out well and we came back to the dock at noon with 17 fish.
    yesterday we hit a brick wall as we boxed only one over sized red and 1 Flounder. We had a very week tide that put a dead shut down on the fish that I had been on. Not 1 single Trout was caught.
    Today with a little better tidal flow we caught some nice Trout to 20". I had one young man today that caught his first saltwater fish ever and what a fish it was. Right out of the gate he bows up with a nice 36" Bull (released) on 10lb test, then catches a few solid Trout after that. His sister Amber didn't take long to get things going either as she catches a nice 20" Trout for her first ever saltwater fish. Then she followed that up with a nice Flounder aswell.
    Free linned shrimp has accounted for most of our catches the last few days fishing in deep water over shell pads and the jetties.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

For pics, click here.
    http://www.texasrodbenders.com/discu...tml?1217380145

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Sweet pics. Thanks for the report!
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Here are the photos...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

4 more...

Comment

Great photos and report Aqua... Glad that spot is working for you to be honest, I've never tried it... I am usually down where the rocks dissapear and dealing with rolling tanker waves lol... Are some of those trophy photos taken on the TCD?

Comment

Good job on putting them on some fish Greg!!!!
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I went to the south jetti this afternoon for a couple hours and had some fun hookups with some nice spanish mackrel and one big jack. others were catching the same, with a few reds mixed in. there was a TON of bait around there. go give it a try!

Comment

Working...
                X