What type of cleaner??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of cleaner??

My boat has some mold or mildew spots on it from when it was stored this past winter. It is not your typical checkered style non-skid. This non-skid is similar to sand paper, and I cant get these spots off with regular soap and a brush.

It also has a brownish water line on the bottom of the hull from sitting in the water numerous days on vacation this month.

Can anyone recommend what type of boat cleaner I should use for these two applications?

Im sure I could find the answers on some "other sites", but I dont really visit them much anymore.

Thanks.

Starbrite makes a great hull cleaner that will remove the brown water line, and a rust remover too. Academy sells a 5gallon bucket kit that has soap, cleaner, rust remover, mildew remover, a sponge, maybe some wax and some other stuff for like $20. The hull cleaner is awesome though. I always use it for the brown water lines!

Comment

on/off for really bad stains

Comment

I like StarBrite also. That stuff gets anything off

Comment

The best product I have ever used is a product call "Sanivak". It is totally non-abrasive and safe. It will gets all stains off your boat. The great part about it, is you can buy it at HEB. It cost about $5.00.

Comment

Thanks Mell-I'm gonna get some of that stuff. Be careful with the Starbrite hull cleaner-I dripped some on my galvanized fender on the trailer and it eats right through the galvanized paint/finish and rusted it-but the stuff works great on the brown stain.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will look into the above mentioned products.

Comment

Starbrite Hull Cleaner is what I use to use for the hull. Its about $8 to $10 bucks at Wal-Mart. Now I use The Works from the Dollar Store for a $1. Same stuff. This is an acid and will turn your hull white instantly. You must wax after use or the stains will come back after the 2nd or third use.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                X