Watering your plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watering your plants

Weather you are going organic or not the key to watering vegetables, citrus, and fruit trees is never over head water them. You just need to get your soil wet and try to avoid getting any splash back on your plants.

I use a drip irrigation system for all of my trees and vegetables. What this does is help prevent any disease that may be on your plant at any one particular spot.

If you already have your garden in place water with a water house with a shower head attachment and cover the head with a towel or a sponge so you keep the spray down.

That trick worked for me in the past. Keep in mind that plants need to be on a consistant watering schedule during dry parts of the year, if they are not you will start having problems with disease because you are stressing the plant out. That is not good for any plant you have in the ground.
    Son of the Republic

Whats your take on soaker hoses in the garden
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
      Whats your take on soaker hoses in the garden
      I hope its a good one cause that's what waters my garden. lol.

Comment

Ah glad you brought that up...

I should have added this in my previous post. Soaker hoses are ok but you can not leave them in the garden unless they are berried and right below the plants or taken out of the garden every day and placed in the shade this also goes for your garden hose.

If you have no shade make sure you run all of the hot water out of your hose before you water your plants. The water that comes out of the hose when you first turn the water on if the hose is in the sun will literally cook your roots so beware of the temperature of the water coming out of the hose.

So be careful with your soaker hoses and always run the hot water out before watering. I learned this the hard way the first time I started my garden. I watered twice a day during the summer and my plants wilted away because I cooked the roots.
        Son of the Republic

Comment

I use a buried soaker hose, and have set up the timing to water in the cool hours early in the morning and late in the afternoon, when the sun is off the garden plot.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

i put some water on mine today.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
            X