Good Surf Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Surf Trout

Yesteray a friend of mine called me at my office at 8:15 am and said he already had a limit of trout with most in the 3-4 lb. range. I had to be at a meeting at 2:30. So I dropped what I was doing, grabed gear and headed down. Meet him at Pirates Beach and it looked like crap....big waves, off color water. We waded out to the second gut, getting pounded by the waves, not to mention dealing with very dangerous currents created by the east wind. However, as soon as your bait hit the water Trout were blasting it, I've never seen anything like. We fished for about 40 mintues and caught around twelve. Made it to downtown by 2:30. All the trout were fat as footballs.

Last edited by Mell Wader; May 22, 2009, 09:16 AM.

Man thats awesome. Congrats.

Comment

Way to go MW!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Awesome, congrats on the first FWE surf runner speck report of '09! Were you fishing live shrimp?

Comment

Yes, live shrimp. The current was so strong that you had to have a pretty good size split shot. Once you casted out, the current would pull it laterally within seconds, so you had to have weight to keep the bait down. We had trout leaping out of the rough water attacking the shrimp.

Comment

Awesome report, sux to get pounded by waves but worth it when the rod is doubled over. Sunday Im throwing TopWaters and Corkies, gonna see if I can pull a heavy weight out of the surf this weekend

Comment

You gotta love days like tha! Thanks for the report.
              Joe

Comment

I'll just follow CarolinaSkiffin around with the net on sunday..haha

Comment

Thanks NetBoy always appreciated. Oh yeah and thanks for running my errands for me and getting me some more Corkys...haha

Comment

Awesome! Sounds like it was fun. Thanks for the report.
                    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

good job the water is green clear to the beach this AM from the pass to the mouth of the brazos, dirtier toward galveston
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice report MW!
                        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

The trout were in the surf this morning!

Comment

Those look like some solid fish, thanks for posting.
                            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Way to go and thanks for the report!
                              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                              X