Wed 3/14 with my little one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 3/14 with my little one

Took the little one out yesterday hoping for a nice day. Of course since I was fishing the wind was twice as strong as it was supposed to be. Got out there early armed with some shrimp. Right when we anchor the wind started picking up and did not stop. She wasn't complaing about the waves so I wasn't going to. First cast she gets a rat red, second cast a Chip trout(hardhead). Caught a few other rat reds and some sand trout. Then it happens. I can see the signs of big reds cruising by the mullet fleeing like a train was coming down the shoreline. They passed right by the shrimp, but luckily my rod was ready. I chunked out my paddle tail and wham the fight was on. I let her reel while I held the rod right above the reel to keep the tip up and make sure it didn't pull her in. She got it to the boat and I netted it. Reds were still out there but none came close enough to nail. She was done with the shrimp(what a waste of $8) and was chunking the same paddle tail with her barbie rod. No bites and I didn't want to chase the reds because I was sure the waves would have gotten to her. Then the fog starts to roll in even worse. We headed back towards the ramp to try a couple closer areas with no luck. On the way back to the house she informed me that she is a great fisherman because she always catches redfish when she goes out. I will be back out there Sunday to get them.

Gotta love it WTG!!!
    Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

Good going Jeremy , I'll be out Sunday morning
      I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Great post!!!!

She is a great fisherman because she has a great Dad.

Comment

Great post! A day you will both remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Photo of the week... Listen to your daughter Jeremy. Cut mullet & dead shrimp is no way to catch a redfish
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Awesome! Way to go dad and awesome to the little one !
              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                Photo of the week... Listen to your daughter Jeremy. Cut mullet & dead shrimp is no way to catch a redfish
                LMAO! Way to go Jeremy!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice!
                  Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Nice job Jeremy. That's fun stuff!
                    Scott
                    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

WTG, What a great day for both of you!

Comment

Working...
                      X