5-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-22

Met up with GHSmacker this morning to do some wading. Winds were forecasted to be light (5-10) but once we got out of the canal we were greated with a stiff N/E wind and a really high tide. Didn't really change the plan to much, we hit a midbay reef and it was brutal, the fish were there but with the pounding waves it was hard to reach them. After about an hour we headed to a protected shoreline to get out of the wind. We grinded it out here the rest of the day. The action was not fast but was semi-steady with allot of undersized reds. The highlight of the day was when Travis nailed a 6lb trout on a topwater. I was a good distance away and I still heard the trout crash the plug. Luckily we had a camera and I snapped a pic and he released her. We ended the day with I think 3 trout 2 reds and 2 flounder. O yea, grassy shoreline, knee deep to waist deep water, and color changes, super spook jr. did the most damage today.

Thanks for the report. A big trout nailing a Top Water is an awesome sound to get you excited

Comment

It was fun Alex, and that fish made my whole week down there.

I'll post up some pics soon.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks TTU.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
        X