Season start in bama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season start in bama

Foggy foggy night Had to use gps to get back to the landing. Couldn't see more than 50 feet when it rolled in. The males have definitely beat the ladies back. Saw a couple of larger tracks that would have pushed 19 to 20 inches, but long gone.I lost count on the 12 to 13 inch fish I saw, well over 60. I ran up on 9 in a huddle that were all about 12 inches long, cool to see but need to grow up.All my early season areas held fish. Bait was plentiful. I think if we had had an incoming tide , it would have been a better night. Ended up with 24 in the 14 to 17 inch range. Great to get out last night and was entertained with fish constantly, just not the quality/size I like to see.First trip this year and it's looking pretty good and yes I do have a commercial license.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	flounder  002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	571478

NICE !!!!!!!!!
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Nice job on the flatties !

That mullet looks tasty ! LOL
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Nice catch ! I have a question, I don't gig but you said if there was an incoming tide it would have been better. I catch most of my flounder on an outgoing tide (Back lake, marsh area). Is it the area that makes a difference in in/out tides ?

Comment

This time of the year with the fish returning from the gulf, I like to hit the pass area and have always had better results with an incoming tide. Alot of the flats close to the pass are unfishable with a low or outgoing tide.

Comment

Working...
          X