First surf trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First surf trip!

Met Jeremy, Nathan and David Cain (Mr. Livewell himself) at Jamaica Beach for my first surf trip ever. I had told Tina I would leave by 8:30am so I could help her with some stuff today.
    Got there about 5:30 to Lightning about a mile offshore, so we waited until about 6:00 to make sure it wasn't going to hit us before wading in. Water was sandy with about 1' visibility but pretty flat.
    We got 2 blow ups between the 4 of us in the first hour, so Jeremy decided it was time to move to a S Shore cove. It was my first time in the surf, so I was stickin' where I was until I found something.
    They left me there about 7:00 and at 7:15, after throwing every color in my box and using every retrieve possible, I finally found the right color and retrieve (Bone/Holo SS Jr fished real fast and steady) and it started.
    I would get 4 or 5 blow ups and then nothing for 10 minutes and then 4 or 5 more blow ups. By 7:45 I had 6 on the stringer and then some of my other buddies showed up. Lawrence, Kenny, Tom, Lynn, another guy and myself stood there for about an hour with multiple double, triple and Quad hook ups. We were getting blow ups every third cast or so, but it was beginning to get rough, so we were missing quite a few. It was a blast to say the least.
    At 8:15 I had 9 in my Donet and thought I was gonna have my limit easily by 8:30, but then they quit hitting the Bone. I fished until about 9:15 without a blow up and then made a change to the clown and caught the one to finish my limit and headed home.
    It was a great morning and I can't wait to hit the surf again!
    Fish were 16" to 22". No big girls, but tons of fun!

sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

BTW Jeremy, you owe me a dollar since I had a fish in the basket before you even got back in the water!
    Hammer Time!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good job Chip and way to stick to your plan!
      I'm heading down there for an evening shot at it...appreciate the report.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I talked to Lawrence and they turned back off about 30 minutes after I left. It should be on after 6:00 with the hard outgoing. They turned on after the tide change this am when it started going out.
        sigpic

Comment

What I'm banking on!

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
          I talked to Lawrence and they turned back off about 30 minutes after I left. It should be on after 6:00 with the hard outgoing. They turned on after the tide change this am when it started going out.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

They wouldn't hit anything bigger than a SS Jr. They killed the bone/Holo and the Chart belly w/clear sides and Black back.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the perot and good pics. Good job grinding it out and getting your limit

Comment

they want the clear ssjr also! and she dog blue chrome chart belly, we also got limits this AM same pattern
                Attached Files
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

I got my azz beat up so bad last night on the surf that I could not show up this morning. Looks as if I missed out on a great day! Good Job Chip! way to stick it out.

Comment

Nice haul Chip!
                    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice work guys, thanks for the report.
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Cool. Nice report. Thanks.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Way to hang in there Chip. Sometimes all it takes is an extra minute or two on a spot for it to get hot. Glad you had a good, I mean great first surf trip!
                          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                          X