Off Shore 8.3.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Shore 8.3.08

Beach Bum Bailey, RockyBalBowler, and I went off shore yesterday. We were expecting rough conditions as the forcast predicted 2-3' waves. When we hit the South Jetty we were met some nice waves however they quickly played out and it was very manageable going out. Mind you I was running a 22' Robalo w/ a 250, we made 20 mph going out 28 on the way in. We ran a due South heading for 20NM before stopping at a rig to see if any ling were roaming around. We didn't find much, dropped a few bottom rigs and pulled up some small snapper.

Made our way further out another 15 NM to a rig witnessed a few bait balls with some kings working it so we quickly set out our trolling gear and hooked up to a nice King. It was RockyBalBowler's first time off shore in Galveston and he had a blast fighting this thing.

We trolled to another rig with no luck and switched to our bottom gear and hit our limit of red snapper or so we thought. Beach Bum had a brain fart and counted the vermillion snapper in with the red so we came home with 5 Red Snapper 1 Vermillion and 1 King.

We saw some small ling that followed us away from a rig on one of our drifts but nothing of good size. We found a few weed lines but they were heavily broken up and no action was seen after tossing out some bait to coax them out from underneath the blanket. Witnessed a big sea turtle, we actually saw 3-4 on this trip of reall nice size.

We ended up traveling out 40 NM, on Friday before we went out I ran across west bay and lost my fuel guage... So it was reading empty the entire trip so I was going by my milage which was not fun and made the trip a bit more interesting.

Pictures are below. Videos are under our video page.
    Attached Files
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

West End
    we went off 8-2-08 in same conditions were forecasted, but seemed more like 5-7. I hooked up a nice ling...50lber

Comment

sorry ...couldn't get attachment first time...anyway, Went with (Capt.) Jason Wasaff and Ryan Wasaff(deckhand) in a 26' Proline...fyi Capt went into the drink trying to gaff it...was hilarious
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Fishing - 8-2-07 - ling.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	547281

Comment

Ryan Wasaff a deck hand? LOL... Oh brother who was opening his beer

Comment

joking

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Ryan Wasaff a deck hand? LOL... Oh brother who was opening his beer

That was meant to be funny..so was the (Capt) Jason Wasaff also
          I opened my own beer (barely) after fighting that beast for 30-40 mins

Comment

Yah... I know

Comment

I love catching Kingfish!!
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
              X