Sunday morning Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday morning Trout

Headed out with a few buddys about 5 this morning to hit the surf. 1st spot was Jamaica Beach and 3rd cast on a TopWater caught a 18" trout. Fished till daylight to see all the dirty water and decided to head towards the pass.

Got back in the water around Sea Isle and water was in a little better shape and within 5 cast we caught 3 keeper trout. We were getting pretty steady action for about 30 minutes and then the bite slowed down. Caught a few more on plastics and got out of the water about 9. We caught a total of 15 trout all released to fight another day. It was nice hitting the surf for the 1st time this year and fishing TopWaters my favorite.

Good job NetBoy catching your 1st trout on Tops. I think he was hooked after seeing his lure fly through the air 2-3 feet after a huge blowup.

Lures were Black/Chartreuse Skitterwalks, Electric Chicken B&L paddle tails, brown swim baits.

Sorry no pics, forgot the camera at the house

Nice catchin' CSkiffin.
    It turned on at Jamaica about 7:15 and didn't slow until about 10:00. We were there about 5:15, but those storms made us wait to get in the water. We probably saw you there early. There were 2 trucks there when we go there and we were in a minivan & 2 cars parked right in front of the entrance. We ony saw 1 other trout caught, so it was probably you.
    All together we caught 50 trout or more between 6 of us. I left at 9:15 and they caught about 15 more after I left.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yeah the trout I caught before me moved down to Sea Isle it was still dark out when I caught it. There was 2 trucks with us a Gray F250 and a Black GMC. Maybe next time we can meet up out there. Wish I was fishing this morning but stuck at work. Good luck to all that are out there

Comment

Good to hear y'all stuck a few out there.

Thanks for the report.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
        X