2nd. Trip Of The Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd. Trip Of The Year

Time to get off the couch. Started off great Fri. night with 5 mile an hour winds. Lost count of the 13 inchers. Fish quality and sign was better. Saw a couple of huge tracks. Bait was everywhere and quite a few crabs were on the beach. School after school of redfish. Gigged 36 in about 4 hours and then the wind started to howl from the southwest and called it a night.
    Attached Files

Damn good haul !
    Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

Where are you gigging? By that I mean I don't know if it's around GALV or between GALV and Alabama by your nickname

Comment

Thats a good haul!

Comment

Wow!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Damn, pass some of those this way!
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

What a waste............................................. ........no, just kidding Nice mess you put together.

I got to try gigging one day.

Comment

Hey Bamafan those bama limits are awsome ,now just think what it would be like if those we're all 100lb fish , can you say Fry!!! What A hoot WTG!
                West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Dang! that's really awesome! never tried giggin but that looks like fun~

Comment

JT these are Gulfshores AL fish. The warm winter got things started early. In Alabama with a sportmans license there is a 10 fish limit with minimum length of 12 inches. Should be at least 14. In AL you can purchase a commercial license for $ 104.00 and then it's on with no limit. Minimum lenghts still pertains. I just can't gigg fish that small and bump them off the beach when I can. I sell a few to support my fishing habit, but mostly clean and give to folks that don't have the chance to get out.Also sponsor our church's 5th. Sunday fish- frys in the summer. I've seen more juvenile fish this year than I have seen in 30 years. BP doesn't seem to have hurt a thing. Best pompano spring in years as well. Good Fishing and love this forum.

Comment

Maybe the oil spill lubricated the spawn!Nice mess of bama flattie's!
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Super nice mess of flounders - thinking of eating a few fillets or stuffed myself after seeing those!

Nice going!

Comment

Heck yea, nice mess-o-flatties ya got there. Going to Rollover Pass on the 8th, hopin for a few myself. WTG !!
                          "Laissez les bons temps rouler"
                          "Leh-seh leh boh taw roo-leh"

Comment

Wow now that's alot of flounder! Wtg

Comment

Working...
                            X