Square Foot Garden For My Little Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square Foot Garden For My Little Guys

I spent some time building my little nephews a raised SFG. They are ages 2 and 3. The other day, the 2 yr old was quoted saying, "Me and Uncle J make carrots". The 3 yr old said, "I want to plant carrots and mashed potatoes." I want these guys to experience the pride I felt as a boy when eating food they planted and grew. My Grand Mother did all the work, but I poked my finger in the dirt and put the seeds in, so I thought it was my doing.

Today we planted a couple of plants and sowed a few seeds. We planted a Sweet 100 tomato plant, and three small strawberry plants. We also sowed "Short 'n Sweet" carrot seeds, some Contender beans, and some Buttercrunch lettuce. None of us involved have ever had or tended a garden. Wish us luck!!!!

I'll post the progress of our small garden on this thread.
    Attached Files

Very cool!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice job there! I'll bet there will be some good groceries come out of it and great memories
      Scott
      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
        Nice job there! I'll bet there will be some good groceries come out of it and great memories
        There will be a nice little garden salad to go with their first fish they're going to catch this year. Man, I am pumped!!!

Comment

Man thats pretty nice , you should be proud,and hungry !!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Cool, Jason.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

WTG bud. Love it!
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
              X