468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical problems/tilt trim problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical problems/tilt trim problem...

So apparently I have a short somewhere in the wiring in my Haynie. There's really not that much wiring at all, but something is seriously puzzling me. Also the trim/tilt is gone out, wont go up or down. Tried the cowling switch and throttle switch....nothing. It happened one night coming back from gigging, it wouldn't go down so with the jack plate up on 6 i had to try and get on plane once on plane it finally went back down using the throttle switch. Got back to the boat ramp to wait on my girlfriend and it wouldn't come back up!!!!! After a while it finally came back up just enough to put my transom saver on. After sitting for 3 months without using, i decided to clean the boat back up and get it ready for tournaments coming. I need some help on the trim please!!!! Oh and there's a random ground wire thats close to my lower unit that gets red hot when i hit the jack plate!!.....I seriously need some help before i start ripping out the wiring harness and rewiring it my self...
    Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
    John Wayne.

You may have a tilt & trim relay going bad, what motor do you have. I would check your grounds to see if they are loose or corrosion on them, that could cause that one to get hot.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

I have a 94 yami 90' 2 stroke. I was gonna put a new motor on but i decided this motor is such a beast ill keep it.
      Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
      John Wayne.

Comment

Is your boat ever 100 percent? LOL! Hope you don't have to take it all apart!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Working...
        X