5/21-5/24 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/21-5/24 Report

Fishing was spotty, we'd hit a few fish here and there, and that would be it. We had to work really hard to put up a decent box of fish, but it was all fun and a great learning experience.

5/21: Took the yak out behind the pass and tried to find some new guts that i haven't fished before. I found a couple, and managed to pick up a couple of trout to 22 inches and one 21" red. When i was coming in there was another guy in a 'yak that had a few trout, but one of them was a 27 1/2" beauty. All of my fish were caught on topwaters and plastics.

5/22: Met up with Alex(TTUwader) and we did a little fishing around West Bay. We hit a few fish here and there, but never really found a strong bite. We had to work hard for the few fish that we ended up with. I did pick up my biggest trout of the year so far...a 26" trout that pulled the Boga down to 6 pounds. She ate a topwater, during the middle of the day, in knee deep water. We took a couple of pics of her, and i released the fish to fight another day. We ended the day with 3 trout, 2 reds, and 2 flounder.

Here's a couple pics of the big trout....

5/23: I tried the surf really early because it was flat, but soon after i had some light to examine the water, i discovered that it was too nasty and hit the pass with the 'yak again. I got there too late, and only managed to pick up two trout to 21". I found a jack for about 30 minutes, until i didn't feel like wasting anymore trout fishing time, and i broke the line. The pass was absolutely gorgeous on this day. Bait everywhere, and water just like you'd ask for.

5/23(Afternoon): clark08 and myself, hit up west bay in his new boat, and we picked up 3 slot reds on spoons and plastics in shallow water. We caught a few rats as well, and i fought another damn jack for a while before i broke the line again. I swear those things follow me around....

5/24: Went out again with clark08 and we hit up the surf, but quickly found that it was muddy so we jumped in the boat and hit up SLP. We found a few fish, but had to really work for what we had. I had a string of bad luck today, and had 5 fish pull off on my topwaters. I don't know what my problem was today...we still managed to put 7 trout and a flounder in the boat.

I had a great time down there...and still wish i was there, but i was worn slap out after those days of hard grinding. Hopefully i can make a few more runs down there before school starts back up this summer.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

nice fish man. where were you staying down there?

Comment

In a good family friend's house in Sea Isle. I had to leave Thursday though, because they were having a bunch of family come down for the weekend on Thursday night, so i had to stay at another buddy's place in Tiki.

Tiki is nice, but i love the location of Sea Isle.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

i like sea isle too. ive been tied up in the country for awhile but am bout to start staying @ slp again. i hope my bote is still there too.

Comment

Thanks for the reports. Must be nice to be able to fish 4 days in a row. Gald you caught some fish
          Last edited by CarolinaSkiffin; May 25, 2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Awesome report. Sounds like you got ALOT of fishing in!

Comment

Those pics turned out good. Give me a call if your back on the island this week.

Comment

Nice!!! Congrats on the big fish and way to go on the release.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Very nice ,Congrats!
                  NK
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice Trout !!!! and thanks for the release...looks like she's full of babies...

Comment

Nice report.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                      X